An other world, a gospel world, is thrust into that first world that has been corrupted, thrust in by a covenant that at once separates it and puts it deeper into the midst of the world around it. It authentically operates by the grace of the Spirit and not by the flesh. It is the kingdom inaugurated with Abraham and consummated by the Christ: ʿImmanuʾēl, God with us. It bears the sacred mystery of God’s will that God once hid in Himself but now unravels in its course, His purpose of uniting all things in Him, things in heaven and things on earth. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it, or understood it.
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- tiff333 on The Beauty of Suzhounese
- Illegal immigration | Epistle of Dude on ‘Trump calls for deportations without judicial process,’ says BBC
- This Week In Reaction (2017/05/28) - Social Matter on Sima Qian’s Records of the Grand Historian 史記 in the Mandarin Vernacular
- Lue-Yee Tsang on La Ilaha Illallah
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet on La Ilaha Illallah