‘Instead of Bombing Dictators, Stop Selling Them Bombs’, goes the title of one Truthout article. I do approve of stopping arms sales to oppressors, and I even see the hypocrisy of variously profiting from and fighting the same dictators according to political expediency. But do people really expect that declining to bomb dictators to whom we once sold arms is a responsible way to cut our losses?
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- This Week In Reaction (2017/05/28) - Social Matter on Sima Qian’s Records of the Grand Historian 史記 in the Mandarin Vernacular
- Lue-Yee Tsang on La Ilaha Illallah
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet on La Ilaha Illallah
- Why the red revolution or great reform will never come – Codex of Kraine on Lenin Against Free Love as ‘Bourgeois’
- Lue-Yee Tsang on Appropriating Geʼez Music as Chinese?