I’ve written (more or less) a contrafactum to one of Charles V’s favourite songs, ‘Mille regretz’ (pdf), by Josquin des Prez. The words I set to the music? Essentially the first verse of Watts’s ‘Alas, and Did My Saviour Bleed?’, with a few glossing interpolations. But I need to test this out musically to see if it actually works.
AboutA D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- wfbjr on Dissolution of Parliament
- Knight of Númenor on Beyond the Modern Degeneration of Architecture
- Lue-Yee Tsang on Beyond the Modern Degeneration of Architecture
- Having Children Study the Bible | Cogito, Credo, Petam on Every Christian a Bible Study Leader
- cal on The Lord Curse James Martin, SJ