Faith is not the fearful and frantic exercise of fideism. Faith gives you patience to work through the data and seek understanding, with the confidence that the truth belongs to God and that he will give the truth. Why fear losing faith through the love of God? Resolving to do things in the light is itself an act of faith, by which it would be absurd to destroy faith. It is all patience; what gets you to the credible reasons is patience.
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- tiff333 on The Beauty of Suzhounese
- Illegal immigration | Epistle of Dude on ‘Trump calls for deportations without judicial process,’ says BBC
- This Week In Reaction (2017/05/28) - Social Matter on Sima Qian’s Records of the Grand Historian 史記 in the Mandarin Vernacular
- Lue-Yee Tsang on La Ilaha Illallah
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet on La Ilaha Illallah