Faith is not the fearful and frantic exercise of fideism. Faith gives you patience to work through the data and seek understanding, with the confidence that the truth belongs to God and that he will give the truth. Why fear losing faith through the love of God? Resolving to do things in the light is itself an act of faith, by which it would be absurd to destroy faith. It is all patience; what gets you to the credible reasons is patience.
AboutA D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- wfbjr on Dissolution of Parliament
- Knight of Númenor on Beyond the Modern Degeneration of Architecture
- Lue-Yee Tsang on Beyond the Modern Degeneration of Architecture
- Having Children Study the Bible | Cogito, Credo, Petam on Every Christian a Bible Study Leader
- cal on The Lord Curse James Martin, SJ