Faith is not the fearful and frantic exercise of fideism. Faith gives you patience to work through the data and seek understanding, with the confidence that the truth belongs to God and that he will give the truth. Why fear losing faith through the love of God? Resolving to do things in the light is itself an act of faith, by which it would be absurd to destroy faith. It is all patience; what gets you to the credible reasons is patience.
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- Symeon the New Theologian’s Account of Regeneration Agreeable to Reformed Theology?
- The Huguenots and Anglican Worship in Ireland: Lessons for Today?
- Thierry Baudet: The Rising Star of Dutch Politics
- Eliot and Benedictine Renewal
- For Caution in the Use of Clerical Collars
- Dissolution of Parliament
- The Difference Between Protestants and Anabaptists