One of the best scenes in Cantonese opera, from the 1959 film 《帝女花》 (The Flower Princess). The male protagonist, betrothed to the Ming dynasty princess shortly before the emperor’s suicide before rebel forces, now in the new Qing dynasty recognizes a Daoist nun as his once intended, tries to persuade her to acknowledge their relationship.
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- False Christianity: Excerpts from Kierkegaard
- Samaritan Exegesis
- For Caution in the Use of Clerical Collars
- People Who Don’t Believe the BCP Is Basically All Bible Should See This
- Introducing Wang Yi 王怡’s 95 Theses on the House Church
- How to Promote Chastity Among Christian Women
- Baptism for Public Testimony of Your Own Faith? Try Again