Suzhounese 蘇州話, spoken in Suzhou 蘇州 (anciently known as Gusu 姑蘇) in Jiangsu 江蘇 province, sounds nice for saying nice things to your wife, and it sounds very attractive when spoken by women, but I couldn’t take seriously any military orders given in that language.
A D.C. editor writes about piety and society, with one eye on the past and the other on the future, and both eyes on the sovereign purposes of God.
- People Who Don’t Believe the BCP Is Basically All Bible Should See This
- The Difference Between Protestants and Anabaptists
- Tang Code of Laws, in English
- For Caution in the Use of Clerical Collars
- Ethnostates? Look at the Chinese Empire
- I Didn’t Know This Psalm Project Existed
- Evangelical Devotion in the Eucharist